Hotmail is a popular email service used by millions of people. However, difficulties such as Hotmail not working can occur for various technical and non-technical reasons. When your Hotmail service fails, you will not get any emails. Without a doubt, the situation can be quite distressing for you.
Do you have problems receiving new emails on Hotmail? Are you, too, experiencing the issue “my Hotmail is not working?” You’ve come to the right place. We’ve put together a full guide on why my Hotmail isn’t working. Or how you may easily resolve the problem.
Why is Hotmail not Working? Is Hotmail Extinct?
Do you know why my Hotmail account is currently not functioning properly? Or perhaps you’re wondering if Hotmail is currently unavailable.
Even if your Hotmail account is not functioning properly, you cannot blame Hotmail. It’s because the Hotmail service no longer exists. Even though you have a @Hotmail.com email address. However, the Hotmail service was discontinued in 2013. Microsoft also transferred all Hotmail customers to a new service named Outlook while allowing Hotmail users to keep their previous email addresses.
It means that the Hotmail accounts are now hosted by Outlook. However, this does not imply that Outlook is to blame for the current outage of Hotmail.
These are some of the typical causes of my Hotmail account not working:
- There is a server outage.
- There is an issue with network connectivity.
- Hotmail is incompatible with the web browser you are now using.
- Invalid username or password.
- Incorrect configurations.
- An older version of Outlook or a problem with your Outlook account.
- It’s possible that the email application you’re using isn’t working properly.
- Something might be amiss with the iPhone, computer, Android device, or tablet you’re using to access your Hotmail account.
How to Resolve When Hotmail Not Working in Outlook?
Microsoft Outlook Hotmail may not function properly for a variety of reasons. As a result, there are numerous approaches you might take to address the issue. In this post, we will discuss some of the most effective yet common solutions for Microsoft Outlook Hotmail not operating properly.
1. Check the Internet Connection
Is Outlook Live broken? Then you must examine the internet connection of your system. Because if your system is not correctly linked to the internet connection, you will undoubtedly experience the Outlook live not working error. In that situation, you must immediately check your internet connection.
- If there is no internet access, try to resolve the issue before attempting to access Outlook Live again.
- Try restarting your router or modem and reconnecting your device after a few minutes to fix the issue.
- You can now attempt to connect to your Hotmail account. There is a good probability that it will work properly, and you will be able to use your Hotmail services to their full potential.
2. Remove the Hotmail Account and Replace It with Outlook Again
Is Hotmail down right now? Or are you having issues with Hotmail not loading? Then you can delete the Hotmail account and re-add it to the Outlook app or Outlook.com. In most circumstances, this will assist in solving the problem of Hotmail not loading properly.
Do you not know how to remove and re-add a Hotmail account in Outlook? To complete the tasks in this regard, follow the directions provided below.
To remove and re-add a Hotmail account in Microsoft Outlook, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Outlook and go to File > Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select the Hotmail account and click Remove.
- Restart Outlook and go to File > Add Account.
- Enter your Hotmail email address and password and click Next.
- Follow the prompts to set up the account and click Finish.
- This should allow you to remove and re-add your Hotmail account in Outlook.
3. Upgrade Your Outlook Application or Browser Version
If you use a browser or an Outlook app to connect to Hotmail services and receive an Outlook Hotmail not working issue, Ensure the compatibility of your app or browser version with the service. An outdated Outlook app or Outlook.com can lead to Hotmail not functioning properly.
An incompatible Outlook app or browser version can potentially cause issues. To accomplish this, you must update your browser and Outlook programme to the most recent versions because upgraded versions of the Outlook programme and browser can automatically resolve many technical difficulties. So, simply go to settings and download the most recent version of the Outlook app and browser to experience the greatest possible service continuity.
Furthermore, in some circumstances, removing cache data and cookies can aid in the resolution of the error.
4. Use ReiBoot to Repair Hotmail Failure
If you can still not use Hotmail on Android or iPhone, there may be an issue with your phone’s operating system. In that instance, ReiBoot can assist you. It allows your iPhone to enter and leave recovery mode with a single click and is completely free. Most importantly, it enables you to easily resolve over 50 phone system faults.
ReiBoot has a clear user guide and an easy-to-use UI compared to other iOS mending applications. You won’t need much time, and ReiBoot will solve your problems.
How does ReiBoot work?
Let’s look at how the service can help you below:
- Download and install ReiBoot on your computer. Open this app and connect your iPhone to the PC through USB.
- Now select the “Start” option. Click on “Fix Now,”.
- Then, follow the steps to download the firmware package.
- ReiBoot will fix the phone system if you click Start Standard Repair.
- After a while, the repair procedure will be completed, and you can check to see if your Hotmail problem has been resolved.
Hotmail not working is a common problem many users face, but it can easily be resolved by following the steps outlined in this guide. Checking your internet connection, removing and re-adding the Hotmail account, and using ReiBoot are effective solutions to fix Hotmail issues. These steps should help you resolve your Hotmail not working problem in no time. However, if you are still facing the issue, you should contact customer support for further assistance. Remember to keep your software and devices updated to prevent future technical difficulties.